Internship Frequently Asked Questions
An internship is an on-site work experience that is either directly related to your major field of study or your career interest. It is one of the best way to gain practical experience for beginners in an occupation or profession.
Internship is a great way to start your career and become more competitive. It helps you build network and strengthen your CV. Beside gaining practical experience, you will also get to test-drive your knowledge and skills. There are a lot of benefits of doing internship.
An internship gives you the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable work experience before you graduate;
- Develop new skills and refine others;
- Apply knowledge gained from coursework to on-the-job situations;
- Reality-test tentative career choices;
- Meet and work with professionals, establishing contacts for letters of reference and networking;
- Experience new work environments;
- Gain experience of lifetime
No, we do not have any nationality requirements. Any one can apply for internship. However, if you are not a Nepali Citizen, you may require to furnish enough documents that permits you to work in Nepal (as stated by the Government of Nepal).
Yes, you must be a High School (+2) graduates to apply for internship.
Internship are for freshers and beginners. While you must have knowledge in related fields, we don’t specifically need work experience. But if you have, we would love to see them. This is an added benefit.
We are looking for students, recent graduates (or those awaiting their results) or freshers with a strong passion, self motivated, self-learning and expressive. Also we are looking for those who are fast learner, can bear and work under pressure, and work over-night (yes we mean it. You may be asked to work and complete them overnight but believe us, it’s fun) and co-operative team player. Similarly, we do require you to have knowledge on related fields and we don’t spoon feed you. Also, fluency in English is important.
All internship are unpaid. However, you’ll receive academic credits (if it applies). Upon impressive performance, we do however provide stipends. But we cannot guarantee anyone a paid internship.
Definitely you’ll be provided with an experience letter. This experience letter along with evaluation sheet will certify your work performance in our office. Thus, to get the experience letter, you must be eligible and qualified. We can’t just issue an experience letter on the basis of your enrollment. We want to make sure we issue experience letters only to those qualified interns and developers who have actually worked and gained good experience. We don’t just issue a butter coated letter to you because we know it carries no value in the industry.
No, you’ll not be required to make any payments to do internship at Technorio. However, if you are applying for Internship including Training (Trainee-Ship), you’ll be required to make a non-refundable payment. On all other cases, you don’t need to make any payment.
While this will totally depend upon various factors including projects you’re assigned, your performance and so on, participants work an average of 40 hours per week.
Interns will be working in various groups and thus shifts and timing may vary accordingly. The internship will be in different shift, starting from 9AM till 6PM.
Our internship is generally 3 Months long. Having said that, you need to work for at-least 500 hours in total. This means:
a. You need to work 42 hours per week in average for 90 days (Three Months), or
b. You need to work 30 hours per week in average for 90 working days (this is usually around 4 months in total)
However, your working hours and internship duration can depend upon many other factors. In the event that we decide to extend your internship time (from the date your internship is completed successfully as per the contract), we may pay you stipends as well.
On-Site Program Directors, Coordinators and Senior developers will be available to assist you with your works. You’ll be provided any and all resources you may require, to perform your work (However, we’re sorry that we can’t give you one-to-one mentors or tutors). Also there will be other friends and managers at office, who will help you know about office, show how to make coffee and search a good place to have lunch. And we do have place to sleep in case you want to. 🙂
During your internship period, we do provide you training that are necessary to carry out your work. You’ll also learn other different things (like the software development practices, team building/working etc.) during your internship.
We also have a special package prepared for all our interns for training on various fields and topics, like PHP, JAVA, Android, etc. While this is not a compulsion, we encourage and strongly suggest all our interns to also take training according to their interest. This helps in developing their knowledge level while also working for real-world projects. The training however is a paid one and not free.
2. Review – We’ll review your application to determine your suitability to the program and if it’s successful you’ll be invited for interview.
3. Interview – The interview takes anywhere from 5 minutes to more than an hour where we’ll assess your career goals, interests as well as your suitability to the program you have applied for. This is one of the most crucial round.
4. Interview Outcome – After your interview (normally 2-3 days after) you’ll be informed of your application outcome to join our internship program by email. If you are successful with your application, you’ll receive an acceptance letter, which will formally invite you to our program and discuss further details.
5. Confirmation – You’ll need to sign couple of documents (agreements) before starting internship. As we complete the formality, your position will be confirmed.
6. Start Internship – After all formalities, you’ll start working with us. You’ll know about us, your colleagues, and about our working methods. You’ll be assigned projects and coordinators and have awesome time working.
Direct Application is one of the ways to apply for Internship at Technorio. In direct application, you simply send us the application for internship. We’ll review them including the reference projects (if you’ve sent) and/or your Resume. If we find them appealing, we’ll call you for second round where you’ll need to go through screening round. Be assured, this is not an entrance examination and thus won’t be tough.
This is another way of applying for internship at Technorio. This is the way of application for internship that we highly recommend. We’ve a set of works to complete according to the position you’re applying for. You simply need to read the instructions carefully and submit the task. You’ll not require to go through screening round if you apply through this method. Here’s the step to apply via ‘Challenge Application’:
- Navigate to GitHub
- Choose the category according to the position you are applying for.
- Read the instructions in the tasks carefully, and complete the task. If there are different levels, get through all the task and complete the one you think you can do. The higher the level, the more you’ve the chance of being selected to do internship at Technorio.
- Upload the task
a. In Bit bucket:
i. Create a private repository with appropriate project name.
ii. Push your code in the private repository you created earlier. Please make sure you do multiple commits with proper messages and comments.
iii. Invite email@example.com in that specific private repository.
b. In Google Drive:
i. Upload your Projects in Google Drive
ii. Provide access to the uploaded file by sending access rights to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fill the application form at http://technorio.com/career
- Submit the application
- Wait for us to respond. We’ll respond to each and every one. Please be assured about that.
We don’t have an exact number. It could be as little as one or as many as 50.
You’re here only for a brief period, and we want you to get deep into action. This means being in-house for fist-bumps and to collaborate tightly. So, there’s no working from home. But you may have tasks to do at home. Don’t worry for that 😉
Once you start doing internship at Technorio, we assign you works and project. While we’re not against you doing a paid job, it will obviously affect the team and project you’re assigned to. So we look for a complete dedication during your internship period (which may be time based or project based).
Yes, one of the reasons we have an internship program is to identify (and hire) top talent who’ll be graduating soon (or just graduated).
E-Mail is the communication method we prefer. While any queries can be asked via Live Chat (in our website), Facebook, Call or E-Mail, please expect to communicate only via E-Mail about updates of application and during internship.
Response dates vary by application volume and deadline. Generally we reply within 5 working days from the date you apply for internship. And we’re sorry, there is no way to follow up with your application status. We promise to respond to every applicant via email within the days as specified above.
We understand that all your queries may not have been addressed here. If you have any other question, please write to us at email@example.com or speak to us by calling at 01.478.6103 or at 9860.484.858